With COVID constraining in-person marketing and sales, builders are upping their digital marketing and selling game. We studied the trends in our 2020 Re-Vision Survey earlier this year and have been in touch with some of the leading marketing and sales solution providers. In that process, we identified 4 cornerstone application areas:
- Lead Gen
- Web Experience
- Video Conferencing
- Complete Online Buying
For Lead Gen, primary tool sets are:
- Social media, which 33% of builders plan to increase usage of greatly and another 38% plan to increase somewhat
- Email marketing, which 23% of builders plan to increase usage of greatly and another 37% plan to increase somewhat
- Online listing services, which 17% of builders plan to increase usage of greatly and another 38% plan to increase somewhat
A wide variety of tools will be used to increase website visitor engagement and response, including:
- Computer-generated model tour – increased greatly by 40% and somewhat by 26%
- Interactive floor plans – increased greatly by 22% and somewhat by 34%
- Website chat – increased greatly by 17% and somewhat by 32%
- Website galleries – increased greatly by 12% and somewhat by 34%
- Website real-time messages and offers – increased greatly by 14% and somewhat by 30%
- Interactive lot maps – increased greatly by 14% and somewhat by 25%
- Website animation – increased greatly by 10% and somewhat by 21%
Among all digital tools, video conferencing sits atop the list with 67% of builders increasing use greatly and 22% increasing use somewhat.
In the long run, there’s a vision for “Complete Online Purchasing,” where the buyer will be able to select a lot, site a specific home model and select options comprehensively providing a comprehensive specification with real-time pricing estimates.
We’re getting closer to the idea of a buyer personalizing a home purchase online, just like they can with their #2 big time purchase – a car.